1. Not keeping a current up to date record of your passwords.
2. Using an email host that is plagued with security breaches and out of date technology ie. Yahoo, AOL.
3. Responding to fake webpages saying you need computer help and getting scammed.
4. Holding on to your computer for too long. PC’s last about 4-6 years and Macs last about 7-9 years.
5. Not backing up your data.
6. Not testing your backup strategy to make sure it’s working and that your files are recoverable.
7. Ignoring signs that your technology has a problem ie. a deterioration in performance, pop ups, software malfunctioning.
8. Not bringing in software updates.
9. Not upgrading your software.
And 10. Forgetting the #1 troubleshooting trick: RESTART!