How strong is your online security? Use these tips to stay protected.
- Install Updates. Operating system and program updates are your first line of defense when it comes to security. Leave your device connected to power and be patient. Interrupting an update during installation can cause bigger issues.
- Use antivirus software. Make sure you have a reliable antivirus software installed and running correctly. We recommend Vipre Advanced Security for both PC’s and Macs.
- Replace obsolete devices. If your device is too old to be supported by updates, its time to replace it. PC’s typically last about 4-5 years and macs last about 7-8 years.
- Practice good password habits. Good passwords need to be complex and changed regularly. If you need help keeping up with your passwords, use a password manager like Last Pass.
- Backup your data. The most critical thing you can do to protect your data is to back it up. The most convenient way to do this is to use an online backup software like Backblaze.
Do you need help making sure your computer is up to date and protected?
Give us a call today at 630-942-8622 to schedule a checkup.